MFEM Community Workshop
October 20, 2021
The MFEM team is happy to announce the first MFEM Community Workshop, which will take place on October 20, 2021, virtually, using WebEx for videoconferencing. The goal of the workshop is to foster collaboration among all MFEM users and developers, share the latest MFEM features with the broader community, deepen application engagements, and solicit feedback to guide future development directions for the project.
If you plan to attend, please register no later than October 6th. There is no registration fee. WebEx details will be distributed to participants prior to the event date.
Depending on the interest and user feedback, the meeting will include the following elements:
- Project news and development updates from the MFEM team
- An overview of the latest features in MFEM-4.3 and GLVis-4.1
- Contributed talks from application developers utilizing MFEM
- Demos of pymfem, pyglvis, MFEM jupyter notebooks
- Roadmap discussion for future development
- Technical discussions in breakout rooms for Electromagnetics, Fluids, and Structural Mechanics applications
The meeting activities will take place 8:00am-3:00pm Pacific standard time (GMT-7):
Wednesday, October 20
|8:00-8:15||Welcome & Overview||Aaron Fisher|
|8:15-8:45||The state of MFEM||Tzanio Kolev|
|8:45-9:30||Recent developments||Veselin Dobrev|
|10:00-11:00||Deep dives on new features*||MFEM developers|
|11:00-12:00||Application talks*||Application researchers|
|1:00-2:00||Roadmap discussion||Tzanio Kolev|
|2:00-3:00||Breakout Sessions*||- Electromagnetics
- Structural Mechanics
* If you have an idea for a talk, demo, or breakout session topic, please describe it on the registration form. Submissions are due on October 6th along with your registration.
For questions, please contact the meeting organizer at email@example.com.